Thinking About Volunteering?
We could use your help:
The Stoy Museum is our main attraction for visitors.
- Giving guided tours to visitors—If you’re interested in becoming a guide, call or email the Society Office to let us know! (we provide all of the information you need) 717-272-1473 or email@example.com
The Hauck Research Archives are also an important part of the LCHS. This is how you can help:
- Genealogy research
- Helping visitors to the library
- Help answering research requests (via mail and e-mail)
- Archival work & Data- Entry
- Digital preservation (scanning)
- Collections processing (rehousing, folder labeling, reorganizing when necessary)
- Library book inventory and re-cataloging
- Book room cleanup
- Photograph reorganization
- Filing accessioned materials
The Society also has many special events. Many volunteers are needed to make these successful.
- Sunday Society Programs (every 3rd Sunday)
- Help with refreshments and clean-up
The gift shop is another opportunity for you to help us. There are few times a year when the Society takes its book store to various festivals within the County, i.e. The Bologna fest at the Expo, Crafts Fair in Downtown Lebanon, Union Canal Days, etc.
- Help set up at location (setting up tents, pack and unpack books)
- Greet customers
- Cashier duties
Other important volunteer opportunities include:
- Reach to the Community (to introduce the Society or to talk about local history)
- Speaking engagements/presentations (To schools and various organizations)
- Up-keep of overall appearance of the building
Let us know if you can help! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org