A Variety of Activities
The Lebanon County Historical Society hosts a variety of functions, and its members participate in many community events throughout the year. Here is a sampling of some of the activities that members of the Society have engaged in the past few years:
- Annual Membership Meeting
- Annual Luncheon to recognize our Volunteers
- Sunday Programs in the Reese Memorial Hall
- Meier Homestead Open House
- Historic Preservation Trust at Mount Gretna
- Bus Trips to various historic sites in the mid-Atlantic region
- Light’s Fort Open House
- Union Canal Days at the Union Canal Tunnel Park
- Pennsylvania German Heritage Celebration at ELCO High School
- Memorial Day Parade in Annville
- Historic Old Annville Day
- Historic Schaefferstown events
- Sunday Canal Boat Rides and Moonlight Rides
- USO Canteen, WW II Swing music and dance
- Canalers Workshop, children’s daycamp at the Union Canal Tunnel Park
- Annual Membership Dinner and program
- Fall Foliage bus tours
- Public presentations at the Annville Free Library
- Annual Society Ball at the Lebanon Country Club.
- Special performances by the Lebanon Community Theatre.
- Lebanon County Choral Society Christmas Concert
If these types of activities appeal to you, please consider joining the Historical Society as a member.