|1898 Circle – Individual||$150.00|
|1898 Circle – Family||$200.00|
Join or Renew Now
To join now or to renew your current membership, please print the Membership Application form. Click here to open and print the form:
Mail the completed form, along with your check or credit card information, to:
Lebanon County Historical Society, 924 Cumberland Street, Lebanon, PA 17042
Annual membership dues are valid for one year from the month of enrollment or renewal.
Benefits of Membership
The foremost benefit of membership in the Society is your participation in the noble mission of promoting and preserving our Lebanon Valley history. Membership dues provide a portion of the operating expenses for maintenance of the Society building and for our community projects.
Here are more great reasons to join the Lebanon County Historical Society:
- The Stoy Museum and Gift Shop — The museum, housed in the Society building, allows visitors to stroll through history. Exhibits feature early offices and shops, including an early drugstore, doctor’s office, ladies dress shop, even a replica of a one-room school house. More than 20,000 artifacts are preserved and exhibited here. Members and their families are entitled to free tours of the museum. And, yes, the Gift Shop has many unique and historic localized gift items, as well as books of local history for sale. Members receive 10% off all items in the Gift Shop.
- The Union Canal Tunnel Park — The 1827 Union Canal Tunnel is the oldest existing transportation tunnel in the entire United States. It is designated as a National Historic Landmark. Due to the efforts of dedicated LCHS members, the tunnel operation now maintains several historically accurate canal boats which are pulled along the existing towpath. A visit to Union Canal is a great family outing.
- The Hauck Research Archives — Our extensive library collection continues to be a prime source of genealogical information for Lebanon County. Residents are able to discover their family heritage, thanks to this unique collection of data and records. More than 3,000 items are maintained. Members are afforded free unlimited use of the Archives.
- Interesting and Valuable Annual Publications — Member receive a free copy of our annual publication that covers points of local history. See the Publications page for a list of our recent editions.
- Our Excellent Newsletter, Seeds of History — This multipage publication, printed and distributed bimonthly, is almost worth the cost of membership alone. There are articles about historical sites around Lebanon County, an updated calendar of events, committee news, an updated list of new acquisitions and artifacts, and other fun features.
- Learning Opportunities — The future belongs to our children. Your membership and your encouragement to actively involve our young people in the LCHS will pay very positive long term dividends for all area families.
- Your Opportunity to Leave an History Legacy — Individual donors are welcome to participate, but this reason is especially for our area businesses and corporations. What better way to preserve your company to the area that you call home than by actively lending your name and funding to the cause. Should you desire to be part of our Corporate Giving Team, you will join some of the finest names in the Lebanon County marketplace.
The Lebanon County Historical Society Incorporated is registered as a charitable organization with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free within Pennsylvania, 800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.